Inspired by God -Penned by Beth R Auman -Shalom-365 1/16/2013
How to yada God - What does this mean and why is the Hebrew Word yada so vital?
Come on a journey of exploration with me and let's yada God.
Daniel 11:32 New American Standard Bible (NASB) 32 By smooth words he will [a]turn to godlessness those who act wickedly toward the covenant, but the people who know their God will display strength and take action.
Daniel 11:32 (Complete Jewish Bible) 32 Those who act wickedly against the covenant he will corrupt with his blandishments, but the people who know their God will stand firm and prevail.
To Know in Hebrew is the word yada (Strong's 3045) http://www.studylight.org/lex/heb/view.cgi?number=03045
Definition of yada -in Hebrew - Blue Letter Bible The link is below.
Strong's H3045 - yada`
Part of Speech
Root Word (Etymology)
A primitive root
Outline of Biblical Usage
1) to know
1) to know
a) to know, learn to know
b) to perceive
c) to perceive and see, find out and discern
d) to discriminate, distinguish
e) to know by experience
f) to recognise, admit, acknowledge, confess
g) to consider
2) to know, be acquainted with
3) to know (a person carnally)
4) to know how, be skilful in
5) to have knowledge, be wise
1) to be made known, be or become known, be revealed
2) to make oneself known
3) to be perceived
4) to be instructed
c) (Piel) to cause to know
d) (Poal) to cause to know
1) to be known
2) known, one known, acquaintance (participle)
f) (Hiphil) to make known, declare
g) (Hophal) to be made known
h) (Hithpael) to make oneself known, reveal oneself
If we know God, yada God, Know Jesus, yada Jesus, know Holy Spirit, yada Holy Spirit then we truly believe or have His Shalom (Completeness) and He will perfect that which concerns us.
Psalm 138 King James Version (KJV) I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee.2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.3 In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul.4 All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O Lord, when they hear the words of thy mouth.5 Yea, they shall sing in the ways of the Lord: for great is the glory of the Lord.6 Though the Lord be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off.7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.8 The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.
I am beginning to realize through the path that Abba has lit for me, that we must search our own hearts in each and every life circumstance and evaluate our own minds, will and emotions. Making absolutely sure that we yada God entirely.
Through yada (knowing Him) His character, what He says about each circumstance through HisWord (Jesus Christ). His Word - holds the key to every circumstance that we may find ourselves in. If we yada God - know Him, truly know Him and through yada(ing)Him, knowing Him and absolutely believing what He has said the keys are released and breakthrough comes.
Matthew 16:19 NASB I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.”
If we are not manifesting breakthrough in our lives and we truly examine our mind, will and emotions, I believe that we will find out that we have missed knowing, yada (ing) God in a particular way. God is perfect - we are not. God's word is true - He is the Truth. When we cannot achieve breakthrough in any given situation we must go back to the basics of the Book - The Bible and earnestly ask, seek and knock.
Matthew 7:6-8 (KJV) 6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. 7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
There comes a point of trust in our life situations where we pray, declare and decree His word over us, proclaim His word over us, saturate ourselves in His word. Where we must evaluate - do we truly yada God in this or not.
Let's face this together - God already knows everything. Nothing comes as a surprise to Him. He wants us to come to Him and ask, seek and knock. He wants us to know every facet of His character that we need and has already provided every single thing that we need to overcome in each and every situation. But we must yada God - we must believe totally and through casting off any doubt or unbelief - repenting of any doubt or unbelief - and choosing to believe that God is able and that all things are possible through the blood of Jesus Christ. We then overcome.
· Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
· Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
· Mark 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
· Mark 14:36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.
When you transition into yada and truly yada God, you know that nothing is impossible with or for God and Jesus said that whatsoever you ask Abba in His name that He would do it.
Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1 John 5:15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
Yada is a journey with God because to know (yada) Him is to cast out all fear, doubt, unbelief. HE IS http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Names_of_G-d/El/el.html
The Mighty God (El Gibbor), He is for you and me, He is our Strong Tower, our Refuge, our Fortress, in Him we live and move and have our being..
Yada goes so much further because to know God to truly yada God, His Nature, His Voice, His Touch, His Word, His Son, His Spirit, His Life Force through the blood of Jesus Christ - Nothing is impossible to us!
If you have not received your promise, perhaps it is time for you to evaluate any place that you are not absolutely believing and coming to know - yada Him.
The Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Wisdom and we need to Fear Him and ask for Wisdom to know - to yada Him. Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
The Fear of the Lord -- Seek this out to yada God
· Job 28:28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.
· Psalm 19:9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
· Psalm 34:11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
· Psalm 111:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
· Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
· Proverbs 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord:
· Proverbs 2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.
· Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
· Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
· Proverbs 10:27 The fear of the Lord prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
· Proverbs 14:26 In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.
· Proverbs 14:27 The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
· Proverbs 15:16 Better is little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble therewith.
· Proverbs 15:33 The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.
· Proverbs 16:6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the Lord men depart from evil.
· Proverbs 19:23 The fear of the Lord tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.
· Proverbs 22:4 By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour, and life.
· Proverbs 23:17 Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the Lord all the day long.
· Isaiah 11:2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;
· Isaiah 11:3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
When you 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
This is how we learn to yada God - we study to show ourselves approved unto God and we must never forget that when breakthrough is not happening in our lives - it is us... We are missing something - God is perfect and He loves a good game of Hide and Seek. He desires for you to yada Him far more than you will ever know.
What is your situation - do you have people to embark and engage on this journey with you. To pray for you and pray through on your behalf?
Write down what is on your heart. Write a Love Letter to God - you are a living Epistle.. Write it down and ask Him to take you on a journey of experientially getting to yada Him.
Embark on the journey of a lifetime and ask, seek and knock. Jesus is the Door and He will open Himself up to you in ways that you have never known. God's Word is True - and you will learn to yada Him and fear only Him, remove all doubt and disbelief and repent (which means to turn and don't do that anymore). You will come to know - yada Him in such a way that you will walk in the impossible and see all of the possibilities. Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Abba Father - we come to You today and we humbly ask according to Mark 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
Help us Abba to know to yada You in our situation. We come together and bring these situations to you in Jesus name. We together fully embrace the Hebrew Word yada and we so want to know You in this way in every situation that comes our way. Abba, You have made us more than Overcomers in Christ Jesus and we know that Nothing is Impossible to You - we declare and decree that we believe.
Lead us and guide us into all truth through Your Holy Spirit in Jesus name Amen and Amen
1 John 5:3-5 (KJV) 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?